Tuesday Tips SUPER WEEK - No Straight Lines
Curved lines > Straight lines. That’s it.
RF!Tony - Knight in Training
Ever since I made that drabble when Tony told Eren that part of his ancestors were royal knights, it had been stuck in my head and made it part of my headcanon.
Yeah more Rune Factory related things maybe-ish
I know it doesn’t look like Pete (he doesn’t have his hat aha;;). Big thanks to a friend in Twitter :D
Please tell me I’m not the only person this happens to…
sweet sketchlines lookin pretty rad lets check them lines
a pixel process-tutorial as requested by anons! please click the images to read!
and here is the finished product! ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
(character is Sayaka Maizono from Dangan Ronpa, credit me if you use please!)
Software used : Paint Tool SAI
Brush : Binary / Pixel brush set to 1 px
Time : 2 hours
now let’s go over some tips of pixel art!
- keep your canvas size between 0 - 400 px. it’s easier to see the lines more clearer in SAI.
- look at the above. this is very important. do NOT make ‘chunky lines’ when doing pixel art. it doesn’t look very good when you do. you always want to have pixel lineart that is crisp and doesn’t overlap.
- now look at the color scheme. see how it all blends well? nothing is uber bright? yeah, you want to have a scheme like that. don’t use super bright colors unless you wanna stress someone’s eyes. try going midtone. do not go super bright. dim your color choices (literally. make em more dull looking).
- see that above affect? it’s called dithering. a lot of RPGMaker chip/charsets use this effect. here’s how you can do it.
and that’s all i have to say! thank you for readin’! (^ v ^)b
Send a number to my ask box along with a character of your choice, and I’ll draw up the ensuing ensemble! (If the character chosen wouldn’t wear the option given… go ahead and sub in something else!)
DRAW YOUR CHARACTER WEARING…
- Casual clothes
- Work uniform
- Night clothes
- Formal gala garb
- Lounging, lazy-time stuff
- A party outfit
- Date night threads
- Something outdoorsy
- Interview outfit
- Tourist/travel wear
- A costume!
- Their sick day scrubs
- Summer clothes
- Winter clothes
- Um, spring clothes?
- Why not - fall clothes!
- Workout wear
- Last minute throw-ons
- The most expensive thing they own
- A fig leaf
Feel free to add, subtract, or alter as you please to fit your character bunch!